Dear Older Smiley,
Hiya – its your younger self I don’t know if you remember me? I was you just after your Winter of Discontent. You came to the end of your tether, teetering on the edge. Hang-gliding over hell.
It was a bad time and you learnt the hard way the answer to a lot of questions about who you were and what you wanted out of life. By the way how did that work? Life, I mean.
- Did you remember to stop giving f*cks and stop taking sh*t?
- Did you write every day? Did you set time aside to do what you love?
- Did you stop worrying about the small stuff and start enjoying yourself?
- Did you travel and see all the sights you wanted to see?
- Did you achieve your (secret) ambition of writing for Marvel?
- Did you shape up? Did you keep to your gym routine? Did you restart martial arts training?
- Did you give charity everyday? To remind yourself of what you have and remind yourself to be grateful?
- Did you try to be more open about your feelings?
- Did you leave London before it was too late? Do you live in Barbados for some of the year?
- Do you spend your days enjoying learning new things and meeting new people?
- Do you look back and remember with gratitude to the creator that you got through the blues
If the answer to any of these questions is no then please consider this a reminder.
You’re welcome dunbass.
Loving myself, Smiley.