Shout out and respect to Karen for nominating me! Her blog is excellent and I can’t wait to read her novels when they’re ready, I recommend you check out her blog now!
- Pass the tour on to four(ish) other bloggers.
- Give your nominees the rules and a specific Monday to post.
- Answer four questions about your creative process which lets other bloggers and visitors know what inspires you to do what you do.
- How does my work differ from others in my genre?
- How does my writing/creative process work?
- Why do I write or create what I do?
- What I’m working on at the moment?
- Compose a one-time post on a specific Monday (date given from your nominator).
1. How does my work differ from others in my genre?
We all have a unique, inspiring, terrifying, awe-inspiring, voice inside of us. We just need to lose out fear of using it. For me the time to open my mouth and scream came when the pain of writing was out-weighed by the pain of staying silent. This is my long drawn out silent scream. My cramped inner child stretches and flexes and runs out to play. It’s better to live out loud and crash rather than exist safe, quiet but ultimately unsatisfied.
2. How does my writing/creative process work?
I scroll through Spotify until I find a tune that matches my mood or the mood I’m trying to invoke and I leave it #OnRepeat and then I start writing. I’m researching methods on structuring novels so I can get this damn book out of my head. Once I have found the way of working that works for me I hope that writing stops being my means of escape and becomes my means of living.
3. Why do I write or create what I do?
“What happens to a dream deferred?” I can’t live the life I’ve been living anymore. I can’t stay quiet anymore. I can’t knuckle under anymore. I can’t pretend to be happy doing the 9-5 anymore. I’ve always daydreamed, always imagined scenarios, always imagined but only sometimes have I written. I had a chance to be writer when I was doing my film degree but I let that opportunity pass me by without realising what I’d loss. Write or Die.
4. What I’m working on at the moment?
I am working on a novel
The Monday I choose for the nominees is June 8th Post anything you want on this particular day! Just pingback your own Blog Tour Award post on that day! 🙂
For those of you wondering why its all quiet on the Smiley front that’s down to exhaustion and illness. I have a three or four Writing 101 assignments I want to complete but I won’t be able to get them finished before the commons close. If you want to hear about what happens next with me please subscribe and I promise to keep you up to date.
For the sake of preserving her blushes I will call my muse, “Muse” for that is her status
How is it possible to be so sharp-eyed and yet have such a soft gaze.
I heard a comedian say once that what a woman wants to hear from her husband is her own thoughts in a mans voice.
When Muse speaks, its like my soul is talking to me in a woman’s voice. Muse tells me things about myself and I’ll listen and I’ll reflect and what she says just seems to be so obviously true I’ll wonder how I could ever have thought otherwise. Continue reading
Today I have been nominated by Mutafariq Khayalat for the Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you so much for considering my work as versatile. I humbly accept this award and make commitment to myself that I will focus more on the versatility of my blogging activities to complement this award.
I have found your blog versatile in true terms as I found there amazing prose and poetry along with excellent photography and many more flavors as well. Mabruk! to you.
The rules are:
- Show the award on your blog.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate at least 3 blogs.
- Link your nominees’ blogs, and let them know.
Seven facts about me:
- I have a novel I’m working on
- I was mildly depressed and I was going downhill, writing saved me.
- Writing is what I want to do for the rest of my life.
- I would love to write for Marvel, films and comics.
- I want to travel the world and live the 4 Hour Workweek lifestyle.
- Acceptance, Confidence and Gratitude are the keys to gaining
- When I lie about my age I’m telling the truth
My nominations are:
So I had a breakthrough of sorts today. The sun came out and I could see the detail in the world and there were no more dark corners within. So yeah, happiness comes from confidence, gratitude and acceptance. (Duh!) I feel like the slow kid at the back of the class who took all lesson to understand what the teacher explained in the first five minutes.
My name is Smiley Yearwood and I approve this message
Rest in Peace Sir Terry. You are, were and will continue to be an inspiration.
23 Of The Most Beautiful Terry Pratchett Quotes To Remember Him By.
Thank you Heid and Juliet, for nominating me for the challenge of sharing “Love” with an axiom of ten lines. The rules are to:
- only use four words in each sentence
- each sentence to include the word “love”
- to give my favourite quote on love
- and to nominate other bloggers to share the love
“I forgot myself. It’s all coming back to me”
With the help of my life coach, Yusef Noden, (Thanks!), I am now above the x axis on my my depression curve. I think I’m OK. More than that I’m good. 90% certain. I’m living with a long forgotten passion and enjoying what I do.
“I’ve managed to pull my bally old kite out of a burning death spiral and I’m now flying 30 feet off the ground white knuckle gripping the stick, breathing hard and gathering my thoughts”
“I’m telling the truth when I lie about my age”
So today I am 30.
If you ask me I’m 30.
If it its on the web I’m 30
If it’s my inner voice I’m 30
The reality is ridiculous. I don’t believe it when I look in the mirror and no-one believes me when I tell them so the consensus agrees: my real age is a lie and 30 sounds about right so there you go.
Happy Birthday to me